View Single Post
Old 11-19-2011, 10:18 AM   #50
Pantah
Red Sox Nation

Oddometer: 10,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by spezjag View Post
Better than good - AWESOME!

Though it does beg the question: does this mean Suzuki screwed over Francis Batta, the guy who delivered them the world championship in '05, and almost did it again in '10?
Well, there is some Suzuki loyalty owed Denning too. He is Crescent Suzuki and ran their 500 and MotoGP teams as his primary duty. He delivered Suzuki their last premier class title in 2000 with KRjr. I'm not a big Denning fan, but if you have to pick one, he's probably the guy to take their WSB effort over. He's going to be a force too.

Denning gave Hopper the BSB chance to make his remarkable comeback; got him a WSB wildcard shot, where he truly shined; and gave him his back-up rides in MotoGP this season. After all that, I think it's safe to say Hopper is the hottest property Suzuki had behind Alvaro Bautista. If there is no MotoGP opportunity and Hopper wants to ride WSB, he's not going to start yet another new relationship with Francis Batta!

This is the best possible outcome for Hopper, Yosh and Suzuki. They'll make their mark. Francis Batta should have seen it coming and in any event, consider other options. Maybe he wants a rest from racing... It's not like he's out of a job...
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote