Here's what I did today! Replaced my shot, old seals and spacers. The spacers, I machined at work. This is a big perk of the job, but any part I make, I end up doing it in 15 minute intervals (on breaks) which makes it a bit of a pain.. Oh well. These Stainless ones should last a good while longer than the stock aluminum ones! I also installed some grip heating elements with the help of a friend.
Now I just need to come up with a design for a switch mount/box for the grips.
I'm thinking I might turn some kind of water tight one on a lathe. Damn, that extra warmth sure put a smile on my face today! It was sitting right on freezing all day long!
Old vs. New
Feels good to finally get these in!
Here's another shot of the peg eliminator I posted earlier. I put in a delrin spacer to help soak up vibrations a bit. Urethane would have been better, but I couldn't find any around the shop. Oh well, when it's free, one can't complain!