View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 09:08 AM   #34
2handedSpey
bunned

Oddometer: 237
Fwiw... For a taller KLR rider, the zero gravity touring/sport screen with KLRDash adjustable risers work very very well for excellent buffeting. If you're 6'4" or more, save yourself a bunch of money and just buy one that fits and looks cool.

EagleMike bar riser blocks= A+

Ps... I do not work for, know, associate or any other connection to these two products other than I had been comparing & trying out many different combos. YMMV but for my $150 this was a perfect fit.

PLUS.... FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO IS ALWAYS TRYING TO SHIFT INTO 6th GEAR, ALL THE TIME!?!?!?

Same token, I cannot figure out why guys go with a 17 tooth front. I feel like I am always about to glug & stall out when on mild trails and the ominal dirt riding I do. I just couldn't imagine trying to wind that fat pig up just to climb slight dirt bumps. Again YMMV.

Pps... This is been the best motorcycle I have ever owned. It's so much fun to ride. So very simple to ride. I love sitting up high & tall (higher than giant SUV's). It is just such a treat to ride around on. If I'm cruising down the highway and see a dark gravel road throu the hills, the KLR awards me to just say "hey, stop. Turn around & let's just see where this goes." could be an old abandoned building with a stellar view or a house on property which is vacant and on short sale. Etc etc etc... Couldnt do this on the Harley, Brit bikes or the Suzuki I owned. Just my homely KLR with a GIANT oem tank.
2handedSpey is offline   Reply With Quote