View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 11:37 AM   #92
charlie264 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,122
Mk2

I’ve made a few modifications to the new Adv/SE relocaters; on the original design, the fixing holes were within 0.5 mm I wanted it to be 0.2mm but my tool maker engineer master said tolerance is tolerance, stick with 0.5mm to start with, now the plates have been fitted to numerous SE’s and Adv’s with good results and feedback I’ve elected to revert back to a 0.2mm tolerance. Basically this means the plates sit tighter on the supporting bolts, I now know that the dimensions and KTM’s accuracy is consistent and universal.

Also the new Adv plates made from 8mm thick steel compared to 6mm, the SE plates are still 6mm, as on my own bike. Two reasons for this, the extra material removed from the plate to accommodate the Adv, BD, G-IT sump guards, it’s going to make the side stand relocater more ridged and stronger. And also to accommodate modifications guys have made for the early 03-04 frames, (KTM Forum UK). It’s now comparable to KTM’s 8mm side strand bracket plate, meaning a point of give is more even and equal.

Trying to keep an objective view, but I think this is the best solution available without welding to the frame. I’m really happy with the results and outcome of these relocaters; it has taken an incredible amount of effort to get the measurements precise, we are talking a 10th of a mm here, thank you Mike and ACP.

If you’re interested please CLICK for more details.

Name:  DSC00003.JPG
Views: 3957
Size:  139.0 KB

charlie264 screwed with this post 11-23-2011 at 06:55 PM
charlie264 is offline   Reply With Quote