View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 07:29 AM   #54
windquest OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPulldown View Post
Did I jsut read this right. You will have spare helicoptered in. What kind of ride, support and wallet do you have going on.

I am on page 50 or so of the BAM ride, adn he toasted his rear mousse and has needed a new one.

If you have heli support fuck the mousse and jsut use heavy duty tubes and a rim lock. Esspeically if you are only riding 250s. When you got a flat call in the bird and the mechainc and keep riding till they catch up with you.
Not exactly, I think you got the wrong impression. We do not own a helicoper or have a bunch of money to burn. The kinda of ride we are going on is nothing like the BAM road or any other trail you might think of. It is a 3 part trip, the 2nd. Part being the difficult one. It is approx 600km of unsupported land to cross in the subartic of Canada which include crossing over the continental divide. I say "land" and not "trail" because a significant portion of that 600km no longer has any distinguishable trail remaining due to rock slides, bogs and rivers... There is no one up there to help us if we get stuck, hurt, or have a mechanical failure. No one has ever made it through unsupported without a fuel/food drop via bush plane or helicopter. That being said we are attempting to be the first to do this unsupported. This means we have no intention of using a helicopter, however in an emergency(broken bones etc) we have no choice but to pull out the visa and make a call on the satellite phone for help. I truly believe that a mousse will work in our trip and fully plan on using them. If you would like to know more about our trip feel free to visit us in the Canada regional forum under "the ultimate Canol thread". On that note, I'll stop my own highjack... Back to regular programing

windquest screwed with this post 11-23-2011 at 02:20 PM
windquest is offline   Reply With Quote