View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 02:15 AM   #8
gavo OP
Slacker

Oddometer: 1,699
Back again.Where were we , the floating village

very spectacular.
When we left it was getting late as the boat trip had taken 2 hours more than usual so the last 20kms on the highway to Siem Reap was to be in the dark. Then it started to rain, so we were all following the white line on the edge of the road and the tail light in front, visibility was bad then Trish started to drift toward the oncoming traffic until David rounded her up. We pulled over and it was decided that Paeng and kob would double Anne and trish into town while David and myself waited by the road with the 3 bikes.
There was something surreal about standing in the dark and a thunderstorm by a rice paddy in Cambodia so I pulled out the mobile/mp3 player and we listened to "holiday in Cambodia" by the Dead Kennedy s.
After about 30 or 40 mins Paeng and kob came back.
We had a somewhat quicker trip back, cutting loose in the rain and traffic, great fun. A visit to Angkor Wat is a must do despite the tourists.

And our stay at the Central Boutique Angkor Hotel was very nice and didn't break the bank.
This is our fair well pic

Dancing roads did a wonderfull job, you couldn't ask for better guides than Paeng and Kob and I for one will be looking to go on a different trip with them next year
gavo is offline   Reply With Quote