View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 07:28 PM   #72
JoelWisman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastredbike View Post
this is so disappointing... too bad they couldn't at least figure a way to upgrade the bike's big brain and onboard computer to at let me know when charging has packed it in and I'm running on my battery alone...
obviously some kind of battery monitor is going to be needed if you do much riding.

and people wonder why I keep a KLR as a backup bike.
Voltage monitoring would be a nice option on the display. My 3 grand Italian motor scooter has a voltage display lol.

The system does know the voltage, even stores under and over voltage codes. Wonder why BMW hasn't made display of voltage accessible.

I suspect a load of aftermarket stators will hit the market soon, as well as some day supposedly BMW is going to sell this part apart from the rotor. I would happily cary a spare, once they are down around $100
Owned to date. Honda Aero 50, Honda Elite 80, Honda Elite 250x2, Suzuki Katana, Suzuki RF600, Yamaha YZF1000R, Kymco Xciting 500, Suzuki GS500, Suzuki Burgman 650, BMW F800GSx2, BMW S1000RR, Aprilia Scarabeo 200, Aprilia Caponord, Aprilia Sportcity 250
I love and miss you Jeneca and I'm sorry.
JoelWisman is offline   Reply With Quote