View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 10:55 PM   #1
SFKLR OP
Noob. Again.

Oddometer: 371
SF to LA and back on a 950SE

So I took a ride down to LA for the weekend. Mostly to visit college buddies, drink beer, bbq, and watch football. I only stopped for a few photos, and I'm afraid they are pretty monotonous: a 950SE in the foreground, scenery in the background.

Packed. Going with backpack instead of soft panniers. Better mileage, not carrying a lot. Most tools under seat, including puncture kit. Did forget to bring a spare tube. D'oh. Wouldn't be a problem though. Tent and a very warm sleeping bag in case I get stranded overnight somewhere.

Couldn't get enough of that view.

The SE peformed flawlessly. Not a single hiccup. Unfortunately the suspension is still stock-stiff, and the lack of windshield had me missing the r1200gsa a LOT. The SE is defninitely NOT an interstate highway bike, but it sure beats every other dirt bike I've used for the task. I think the severe cupping of the front nobbies is due to suspension and 70mph droning for hours at a time on the 101. Gotta drop some cash and get that revalved, but it will be worth it. EDIT: 40mpg for the trip!

Go ride Fort Hunter Liggett and Nacimiento if you get the chance. Cheers.

SFKLR screwed with this post 02-17-2015 at 03:43 PM
SFKLR is offline   Reply With Quote