View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 04:09 PM   #71
MrBracket OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by c2c4c View Post
Thinking of building some kind of jig/dolly/whatever you would call it that will hold the trailer at the right height while I attach it. Right now it's not very easy to do without having another person hold it while I try to slide the skewer in. Especially when the trailer is loaded it's even more difficult. The little spacer has to be held while holding the arms at the right heght to line up with the axle holes. If I had 3 hands, it be great - one to hold trailer arms in the right position, one to hole the spacer, and one to slide the skewer in with.

Unfortunately, I only got 2 hands when I was born!

Anyway, it's nothing a little creativity cant resolve. I'll report back with what I come up with.
Evan,
Try putting some glue on that spacer so it stays in place. It only needs to be removeable if you are wanting the trailer to fit more than one bike. Hopefully that will take one hand out of the equation when it comes to mounting the the trailer. If glue doesn't work, let me know, I'll send you another set of spacers that have a tighter tolerance and stay in better for you.

A kickstand is one of the accessories I am working on. Not only will it make it easier to mount/dismount the loaded trailer, it will also make the trailer a better table when you are at your camp spot.

I also picked up a set of Wolfman saddle bags today and ordered a pelican side case mounting system. I'm working on other storage solutions in place of the ActionPacker tub. For some people, having a bag or hard case that is easy to remove makes it much easier to haul their stuff into a hotel room or cabin. Not to mention, many people already have saddle bags or hard cases...

Stay tuned....

2010 Husaberg FX450, 2011 Husaberg FS570, 1994 Yamaha TW200, Next bike?? - A twin cylinder adventure bike. Why? Because most thumpers sound like two skeletons making whoopie in a trash can!
MrBracket is offline   Reply With Quote