Thread: Nascar 2012
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 01:22 AM   #29
Motorcyclist OP
Drag a Bag!

Oddometer: 3,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrineclown View Post
In any good drama MC, you need white hats and black hats. Otherwise, what fun is it? That is the biggest problem the new NASCAR has with their original fanbase. Sometimes, a guy just needs to be poked in the nose. That may be why I love hockey! Brain and Dulltone have been successful with the WWF format of marketing, but the bloom is off the rose. "Boys have at it" until it interferes with our PC vision. The Busch boys are the last refreshing throwbacks. Harvick and Stewart have even bought into the Dulltone browbeating. I thought Kesowlowski was going to a great black hat too, but he has toed the line too now. Bahhh Humbug.
I heartily agree about having a villan, and Dale Sr. was always my guy. But I want villans in the guise of Dirk Dastardly, guys like Pearson, C. Yarborough, B. Allison, B. Baker, Earnhardt and others. Guys who were legitimately tough, and didn't try to softshoe it. Maybe that person can't exist in the new NASCAR, but the Bushes strike me as Polly Prissypants masquerading as a tough guy. I don't buy that they would stand their ground for a minute. If it came to fight or flight.........well let's just say I don't think they have the fight reflex.
Motorcyclist is offline   Reply With Quote