View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 04:05 AM   #58
livin2day
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
crickets....

We'll see if this is the proper place for my introduction, since its been awhile since anyone has posted here, but I'm very interested in keeping this DR index thread alive.

Man, what happened to this thread? It is such a fantastic idea! Is it just not visible enough for most? I admit, I sort of stumbled across it myself. I have to think that if this thread was in the right spot, the mega DR thread wouldn't be such a cluster. Regardless, thank you guys for putting it together. I've been going cross-eyed sifting through the big DR thread over the last week!

I've been lurking on this site over the last few months, and you guys have sold me on the DR 650. I started off going through the BMW line up, but I finally narrowed it down to either the KLR or DR. After A LOT of lurking, the DR seems to be the best fit. My only concern has been the longevity of an air cooled vs liquid cooled? Seems like the KLR's are getting more mileage and have more RTW trips under their belts. Either way, the 50k miles people are getting from the DR's seems plenty for the price, and is a less hassle and more dirt worthy platform.

Anyway, I'm Planning on living off of it for more than a year, with destinations unknown. I'd like to start off with the TAT, then to AK, and on down to SA (and beyond?) riding as little paved road as possible. I think I've sorted through enough threads/posts to have a basic build in mind, but will post comparison questions in each subject thread of the index. Thanks in advance for all your help and any recommendations are welcomed.

This is a great site!
livin2day is offline   Reply With Quote