View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 06:40 PM   #425
jimrobinette
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 379
Moto-mule hauler

Guys,

While coming back from Canada this year, I stopped at a shop and met Mike from moto-mule.com and saw that he had a hydraulic hitch mounted hauler on his truck with his bike. Was a whole lot better than the crappy Harbor Freight one I had parked next to him. Got to talking, and it turns out he makes them himself. Well, I ended up buying one from him. He also makes a trailer to pull behind your dual-sport bike.

I used to have one of the aluminum haulers and it was always a pain in the ass to load. This is so damn easy and simple to get your bike onto, it isn't even funny. Not only that, but since it is secured with bolts and large wing nuts via the pegs, it is rock solid secure. I strap the front down to keep the front wheel secured, and also put a strap on the front frame to give it some stability if it were to want to tilt to the rear, such as a hard left turn from the truck. Be aware that it is about 60lbs, so it isn't terribly light, but about 15lbs heavier than my aluminum one. But, like I said, this thing is solid!!!

I can't emphasize how easy it is to load and secure a bike with one of these things.

I have no vested interest other than a satisfied customer.

Here are some photos:

jimrobinette is offline   Reply With Quote