View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 12:24 PM   #98
John E
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBracket View Post
Evan,
Try putting some glue on that spacer so it stays in place. It only needs to be removeable if you are wanting the trailer to fit more than one bike. Hopefully that will take one hand out of the equation when it comes to mounting the the trailer. If glue doesn't work, let me know, I'll send you another set of spacers that have a tighter tolerance and stay in better for you.

A kickstand is one of the accessories I am working on. Not only will it make it easier to mount/dismount the loaded trailer, it will also make the trailer a better table when you are at your camp spot.

I also picked up a set of Wolfman saddle bags today and ordered a pelican side case mounting system. I'm working on other storage solutions in place of the ActionPacker tub. For some people, having a bag or hard case that is easy to remove makes it much easier to haul their stuff into a hotel room or cabin. Not to mention, many people already have saddle bags or hard cases...

Stay tuned....
Just a thought, why not some sort of soft bag that fits the ActionPacker? Like a hard saddle bag liner. If you're hoteling it, you simply open the Packer, pull out your liner bag, which could easily be made fairly watertight, and off you go. You'd get an easier way to unpack and better water protection for the contents of the packer. For that matter, have you thought about adding a kit of bungee hooks for the lid of the packer?

I use liners with my R1100/RS when I travel, leave the saddle and top case on the bike and just bring the liner bags into the room with me.

Disregard the above, should have read the entire thread before commenting.

"1952 Vincent Black Lightning"
Richard Thompson

John E screwed with this post 12-11-2011 at 12:30 PM
John E is offline   Reply With Quote