View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 12:02 PM   #19
c.vestal OP
Rally On

Oddometer: 4,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Doc View Post
Couple of questions:

1) I tend to crash the 450 a lot. How durable have you found this setup?

2) If pieces break, most notably the fiberglass fairing, or one of the metal plates, or something, will you be selling replacement pieces separately?

3) Does it feel like there is a lot of pendulum-weight over the front end, with the GPS/roadbook/lights far out in front of the triple clamp?

4) Once you get used to it, how quick is it to R&R the setup for tight trail riding? I wouldn't want to destroy it in the singletrack.

dc

edit: sorry, just saw Ned's answer to #4. About an hour, looks like.
This setup is testing really, really tough. Ned and I have beat the s*&t out of these for ~3K miles combined. Proving to be tougher than we expected. And I wreck my 530 a lot!!

Yes will will be offering the components for sale separately as crash replacement parts. Supports will have a warranty, I will have those terms worked out by the time we are taking full orders.

This setup rides like a dirt bike unless the tank is full.
I have thrown it around on single track many times. Only additional weight I feel is of the gas.
You can also take Ned's word for it;
Quote:
"I love the bike. All the other rally bikes I've ridden are a little special compared to a plain old dirtbike- heavier, wider, and require some care to avoid bottoming in technical situations. This isn't like that- it's a fast dirtbike with some wind protection. Love it!"
quote from this post

c.vestal screwed with this post 01-30-2013 at 05:45 PM Reason: fix typo
c.vestal is offline   Reply With Quote