View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 11:56 AM   #67
sagedrifter
Southern Explorer

Oddometer: 1,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adv Grifter View Post
I bought my last battery from Babbit's Suzuki. It's the stock Futaba (made in Japan) sealed, maintenance free battery. You add the acid and charge it when you get it, so it's fresh. Mine has been flawless but now after 3 years I believe is starting to go, but it's not ever run down.

Not sure if they still sell the same battery. It was $60 when I bought it .... now they list it at $49. Anyway, just another alternative.

http://www.babbittsonline.com/suzuki...01/56022770022

TPI had the Parts Unlimited AGM around $40 something a while back. I do like the Deka and how it feels, its a solid unit. Here is a pic of the stock battery in my 2007. I guess its a Futaba too... or FB/MF brand?

I've even had good service from the Walmart moto batteries too. The one I had last looked very much like a Yuasa..... go figure. I sold the bike after two years with the everstart, my atv has had one for 3 years.

I like the Deka terminals better though. I'll buy more of them now that I know about the suckers. I'll gladly pay more for products built near home. Jobs are hard to find, I'll support my neighbors in the NE when I like the product.
sagedrifter is online now   Reply With Quote