View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 04:57 PM   #81
tenorjazz OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 263
I understand that the throttle will be an issue so will probably swap that out but the foot pegs are stock and have been told that they won't be a problem.

I've never ridden trials before and never cared to much about competition. I do plan on riding it so figure however it goes it will be fun.

The frame has been modified and swing arm was shortened so the rake and trail are not stock. The previous owner made these changes as well as adding a couple of other little trick features, including a quick release on the seat. Most of this doesn't mean a lot to me, it just happens to be what the bike is. But since I've built this bike for a friend of mine who does compete, after I've played around on it for a season of so, we'll upgrade the parts that aren't working so good and he should have a nice competitive bike to ride.

This is the first bike I've ever built so I also wanted to experiment with finishing processes and besides I really like custom bikes more than stock. The frame, shocks, exhaust and most of the unpolished parts have been powder coated (a real learning process there). I learned how to polish aluminum and steel so it almost looks like chrome and wanted to do something different on the tank, so thought I would try pin stripping. Overall I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out, but like the second side of the tank better than the first, after figuring out a little more about how to handle the paint. I'm going to redo the tank after I get the bike back from the motorcycle show and I have an idea for something completely different, but still nowhere near to stock.

05' BMW R1200GS - If you can only afford one bike...
06' VStrom 650 - Fond memories (gone)
06' Suzuki DRZ400 - Wish I could afford two bikes (gone)

=================================

S.O. Bikes
07' VStrom 650 ABS (Silver)
05' VStrom 650 (Red) - Sold to get one with ABS
tenorjazz is offline   Reply With Quote