View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 11:21 AM   #49
pip_muenster OP
curious

Oddometer: 410
Day 10. It's ten, isn't it?

I decided to go for a ride alone and let Maddin get some sleep. Nothing spectacular, just a bit of easy going towards the south on road 821. The view into the bay was nice and I took a smaller track up the hill to find a nice viewpoint. The road seemed to lead nowhere as there weren't any tracks on the ground, so I tried to turn around. Unfortunately, it was quite windy and it happened what had to happen: I dropped the bike - to the wrong side.
It was now laying almost on its head with the wheels pointing up the hill. I took off gloves, helmet and jacket, this would be a bigger task. Then I ran to catch my gloves which were about to fly down the mountain.
I could remove the upper pannier and the tank bag, but the bike was still too heavy for me. So I turned the bike 180 degrees on the spot by grabbing and dragging the luggage rack. Picking it up was now easy, and the rocky ground had barely left a scratch on the cylinder cover.

I continued south and must have somehow missed that the 821 turned into the F821. Remember, the F is important. So a few smaller water crossings and a bit more technical riding were added to my little ride. Nice views, though ...

The F821