View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 06:37 PM   #1005
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEN PHENIX View Post
Who has had to replace throttle and clutch cables with longer ones and where did you find them? After adding the trail bike bars my stock cables are stretched to the limit and I still want a bit more height.
Motion Pro sold me a longer clutch cable, and from what I can tell they will make most bikes' cables longer.

Problem being is that once you break a longer cable... you're outta luck until the next order can come in. ... unless you get into either making your own cables or repairing the longer one you have. From what I understand it just takes the cable, the ends, and soldering? For a "new" cable the inner-liner and outer-housing would be needed, too.

For my VN800A I still have the old extended-cable housing - which is still moderately OK - so to make a spare from it, instead of paying $45 plus shipping for another to have as a spare, I may order the cable and ends I need and just skip the inner-liner (instead re-using the old one) as it will be only a spare.

I looked this up when my extended clutch cable broke... if I alter the EX500 by putting handle-bars on it, I may go this DIY route.

Cable parts: http://www.flandershandlebars.com/FlanCableSearch.html

their motorcycles
." --
RyanR

Mambo Dave screwed with this post 12-21-2011 at 08:43 PM
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote