View Single Post
Old 12-24-2011, 01:47 PM   #159
JoelWisman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,392
Merry Christmas all!

The 2 holes are where the official BMW puller pushes. The rotor is a taper fit.

Why oh why not a nozzle BMW. The crank is right behind that, hollow, and pressurized with oil. That said I don't fancy modding it. The big end bearings need oil too and I don't know how much if any surplus there is.

There is a tiny tab on the connector, look where you wouldn't expect it to be and you will find it.

No question from the picture, the stator is getting hotter towards the front of the motor.

One issue I have with a series regulator is it wouldn't have helped me in the winter at all. They are a little less efficient at all RPM's cause there is more resistance for the current to pass through. A shunt type of regulator is pretty close to 100% efficient at full load. I used every amp the 400 watt alternator could produce for heated gear and lighting, so it wouldn't reduce load on the magnet wire at all for me, not on cold trips at least.

I was already using high tech and expensive LED lighting and efficient heated gear and that was just one up. Two up I had to only heat my chest so G/F could heat hers as well.
Owned to date. Honda Aero 50, Honda Elite 80, Honda Elite 250x2, Suzuki Katana, Suzuki RF600, Yamaha YZF1000R, Kymco Xciting 500, Suzuki GS500, Suzuki Burgman 650, BMW F800GSx2, BMW S1000RR, Aprilia Scarabeo 200, Aprilia Caponord, Aprilia Sportcity 250
I love and miss you Jeneca and I'm sorry.
JoelWisman is offline   Reply With Quote