View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 03:47 PM   #675
Box'a'bits OP
In need of repair

Oddometer: 2,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padmei View Post
Nutso I may change my fork oil & have a look however am loathe to do it now with the dusty approaching. if I decide to do it before is there anything I should purchase as a precaution. I'm not sure if there would be seals etc that could get damaged during the process or parts that should be replaced normally.
The short cut is to remove the allen headed bolt at the top of the forks, & the hex bolt at the back of the forks nr the bottom & let the fork oil drain out. Once things slow, pump the fork a few time to push the last of the oil out. Pop the hex bolt back in, fill with oil. Here's my write up. I found a mix of a 50/50 mix of 15w & 10w for the left compression side worked for me, & 10w in the right. The levels are in the write up. Didn't bother dropping out the fork springs, or replacing the copper washers. Didn't get any leaks. Made a difference, & was easy to do.

Be aware that are differences in oil weights between brands, ie a 10w Spectro may not be equivalent to a 10w Belray etc.

It's just better when there's twins involved....

Box'a'bits screwed with this post 12-28-2011 at 03:54 PM
Box'a'bits is offline   Reply With Quote