Old 12-30-2011, 07:47 PM   #102
doyle OP
RallyRaidReview-ing

Oddometer: 22,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
This came to the ADV admin email:

Hi

I was trying to post a message on your site but I am not a member.

I am the wife of Jago Pickering, rider 180 in the Dakar.

Here is a tweet message about their robbery. I thought that you might have some readers out watching or riding in the Dakar that might be able to help Toby and Jago in some way. See their website www.dakarteamgb.com for the latest tweets.

Kind regards

Lucy

As if those ups and downs were not bad enough for many to endure, the Desert Racing/Team Dakar GB team of Tobias Younger and Jago Pickering have gone from one extreme to the other in the course of a few hours. From the highest highs of passing through registration cleanly and that feeling of finally clearing most hurdles en route to the adventure of a lifetime to the lowest of lows upon returning from that registration only to realize their rented villa had been broken into, robbing them of crucial riding gear, cameras, laptops, braces, boots, etc…
Very quickly, Tobias Younger tweeted out his contact information for anyone that can lend assistance in helping to get the team to the start line.

As Patsy Quick stated, this is the only photo of some of the missing kit.

Not sure if it will help, but I tweeted a message to Carlton Kirby who responded back that he'll try to work in a mention of their plight on the first days coverage. Top notch guy and hopefully a raised profile may lead to some help or recovery.

RallyRaidReview - @RallyRaidReview
doyle is offline   Reply With Quote