View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 04:00 AM   #2
VietHorse OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,123
Start of the daytrip

Departed from home abt 4:30hrs. Met my friend right at 05:00
Rode abt 130km then we stopped for breakfast:

The noodle in this area is much different from what I have experienced. Dont know how to explain. But that might be something customized.

Where we stopped for breakfast - me with Candy Red VFR and my friend with Black FZ1:

The pink scooter in the above photo is quite common in Vietnam. It is consider as personal daily transportation means.

A cup of coffee after the noodle. The breakfast cost us total abt $4 for both of us. What the cheap breakfast.

Stopped for fuel after 188km before reaching the starting point of the Road #55:

Here is where we took the turn from Road#20 to road #55:

The signboard says: Da-mi and Ham Thuan hydro-powerplants -> 40km. That means we will pass two power plants in the next 40km.

Strange road make us quite cheerful. Took of my P'nS camera to ready taking any photo. This is my Fuji XP10 - the one has waterproof, dustproof, vibrationproof but the image quality is not good, in comparison with my frequently use Canon A620:

Passed abt 5km with lots of house along the road, we started seeing the twisty road signs - flowers seen also:

Stopped here to set-up camera and others before entering the pass:

Twisty roads:

Long radius:

Straight:

Twisted:

(to be continued...)
VietHorse is offline   Reply With Quote