View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 09:06 PM   #76
Bill 310
Poser Emeritus

Oddometer: 2,829
I bought mine for my 990 directly from Australia pre TT selling them. I used them for 50K and then when I changed the use of my bike I sold them to another inmate. My bike is now a two up tourer in Europe, not a Northern Canada bike.

What I learned, the Ethanol fuel "helps" them grow and black tanks really soak up the sun and always buy gas after lunch. Capacity grew to just over 12 gallons US. I managed 700 KMs + in Normal riding 600K's if I was riding Western highways.

Full Tanks on a loaded bike really make the soft front end more of a challenge. The Traxxion Dynamics front fixed that up. When you are travelling North the extra gas is a real treat.

I agree with the poster who discussed quality, they are farm equipment fit and finish, I managed to shop vac out a lot of plastic bits before I installed them. They are a pain to mount and remount compared to the stock tanks.

I would buy a bigger tank for my Super Tenere in a heart beat

"Bill, I know you are of the ATGATT ilk but I think at times it clouds your reasoning."
Bill 310 is offline   Reply With Quote