View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 05:31 PM   #2397
Poolside
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuffyyff View Post

My $.02 with 49 countries under my belt and 50 to 54 by the end of January is this. I have never, ever, encountered anti-americanism in any country.

Be aware, be good, and try to say even if horribly some of the language in the country you're visiting. Eat the local foods. Don't be loud and disrespectful (definition varies by country). In France, start with a 'Bonjour' even if you know nothing else. After all; we in the U.S. consider it rude if someone starts speaking to us in another language. I hope that causes a little light bulb to go brighter in a brain somewhere.

Thanks for your excellent RR as always, Ambassador RTWDoug.
Nicely put, Stuffy.

Doug's presentation at the Motorcycle Show was divided into separate topics, my favorite part was the section titled, "The People". And the best part of that section was when Doug said people in less capitalistic countries are always friendly and ready to help. They don't have the means, or don't care about it, and are used to working together.

Words to live by.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation

Poolside screwed with this post 01-03-2012 at 04:34 PM
Poolside is offline   Reply With Quote