Hello Fellow inmates!
The new 2012 REV’IT! Spring Collection is officially launching today and I wanted to post up the highlights, my opinion and some quick blurbs to let everyone know what is coming in the next few months and give some overall quick notes to help navigate the line and spur some discussion.
Keep reading for the highlights or check out the full Spring 2012 REV’IT! Collection
Overall, I consider this to be a strong launch from REV’IT! with the introduction of a few new categories of gear along with some successors to previous products which performed well for the riding / touring / adv community in years past. I also believe the Spring / Summer 2012 launch is a stronger launch than SS 2011 and a nice compliment to the Gore Collection in both function and value, from Fall of 2010.
We have spent a good chunk of time with the New REV’IT! gear this Fall and have already homed in on what we believe to be the standouts in the pack based on technical merit, feature-set and value.
Overarching, we see much of the fit of the new textiles become a bit more forgiving for a range of body types. This is the first time I would dare say that the sizes reflect what is expected from Americans. I am now a large in most new REV’IT!. I was an XL forever. We also see new Hi-Viz REV’IT! gear being introduced rampantly, touching many categories (i.e. REVIT Tornado HV Jacket) - this is a good thing. It’s done well. Also, at the product level, don’t miss the REVIT Horizon Jacket
, the REVIT Airwave Jacket
(in both men’s and ladies), The REVIT Ignition 2 Jacket
(in both men’s and ladies) and the REVIT Spectrum Jacket
and REVIT Indigo Jacket
which both come in Hi-Viz colors and enhance the mid-range 4-season textile category which was preceded by the REVIT Dragon and REVIT Siren respectively. There are also new 2012 pants to conincide with these new refinements and additions as well.
Also note that we have shot new RevZillaTV Videos on all of the new REV’IT! Products which can be found on YouTube or on the product detail pages for the new REV’IT! gear.
As always I / we are here for questions and are looking forward to hearing feedback and discussion on the new line here, on Youtube or on our REV’IT! FAQ
Thread also in Vendors.
What follows below will be a brief snapshot of each new product with a link to their video.
Happy New Year, I look forward to all of your feedback.
REV’IT! 2012 Gear
REVIT 2012 Gear Videos
REVIT Horizon Jacket
- My favorite new addition in 2012. 4-season adv / touring jacket with the waterproof / breathable Hydratex liner built into the shell. Removable thermal liner and a new style patented rubberized chest vent called AquaDefence in the shell which vents directly to the body but is still waterproof in it’s design. $479 and fills a big hole for those who want a waterproof exterior but can’t make the $$ for the Gore-Tex Everest - we think of it as a differently configured Sand Jacket. Also available in a REVIT! Horizon HV
REVIT Spectrum Jacket
- The successor to the REVIT! Dragon Jacket. The Spectrum is a 4 - season jacket with a removable thermal and removable waterproof liner system to allow a mix of configurations for all season riding. There is also a REVIT Spectrum HV Hi-Viz option available. At $339 with a women’s compliment in the REVIT Indigo Jacket, it is well positioned to be a staple going forward.
REVIT Airwave Jacket
- The Airwave is the restyled, refit and retooled answer to the REVIT! Air Jacket. 2 season, hot weather mesh performance and a new fit pattern which will allow for much more forgiveness in the chest and armpit area. We love the new Ariwave. It just works and will fit much better for those of you not built like Dani Pedrosa.
REVIT Tornado HV Jacket
- 3 season with mesh, the most popular 2011 Jacket now comes in an CE rated EN 471 Hi-Viz Version. $339
REVIT Horizon Pants
- New to the lineup and built to marry with the 3/4-season REVIT! Horizon Jacket geared toward more cool and cold weather options. Fully adjustable knee armor positioning. $299
REVIT Airwave Pants
- a replacement for the rotor, the Airwave pants are a new match for the Airwave jacket offering 2 season hot weather protection and using the new Knox Flexiform armor. $189.99
REVIT Iginition 2 Jacket
- updated style and fit for a ¾ season leather with removable waterproof and separate thermal vest liner. Also now available in an Antracite instead of the Silver of old. $499. Updated Ladies Iginition 2 available as well. $599
REVIT Gear 2 Pants
- 3-season leather pants. Updated in style and fit to match with the newly redesigned Ignition 2 Jacket. Removable waterproof liner. $399.
REVIT Indigo Jacket
- The Indigo is the womens’ compliment to the REV’IT! Spectrum Jacket offering a restyled replacement for the REVIT Siren at $339.99. 4-season with a removable thermal and removable waterproof liner it’s another staple product. There is also a REVIT Indigo HV Jacket in Hi-Viz at $349.
REV’IT! Womens Airwave Jacket
- similar to the style of the men’s Airwave but designed ergonomically for a woman’s body. Also available in white. $199
REVIT Womens Ignition 2 Jacket
- similar updates to fit, style and color over the original Igintion Jacket. The Ladies Ignition 2 is still a ¾ season leather with waterproof and thermal liners. $499
REVIT Womens Airwave Pants
- Two season mesh pants to compliment the Womens Airwave Jacket. Also available in a crazy white / anthracite color. $189
REVIT Womens Gear 2 Pants
- 3 season leather / mesh pants to compliment the Ignition 2 Jacket. Removable waterproof liner. $399
There were some updated race suits and leather jackets, but for the time being I wanted to stick with the touring / textile lineups for the ADV community. Happy to post them if folks would like to see them.
Can’t wait to hear all of your thoughts.