View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 04:39 PM   #11
Throttlemeister
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,551
What a fine way to spend one one two one with a great group of friends, Tulsa area plus Joe from Stillwater contingent is one great moto crew

Thanks to JD for bringing in the chili and all the fixings

And thanks to Joe's trailside tools and Jason's oil and tools along with plenty of muscle from the group made for a classic super simple swamping excerise Could have been with a better group. Glad a nice demo in deep sixing could be had on a nice warm 1st day of the new year.

Had a great time running the little tractor like xr in the hills and rocks. Me and Brain peeled off in the first session of the morning. Here along the bluff at Gruber OHV area on the navigation channel that allows Oklahoma's access to the US's most interior frost free port IIRC. One day I'm going down it at least to the Mississippi River and hopefully taking a little bike in the boat with me

Lots of good cleared right of ways for the powerlines with good hillclimbs for all:

After the lesson in how to properly swamp your little xr in the cool creek, it took Tom nearly as long fiddiling with his worn keyswitch Plenty of good help to be found.

After the little swamping me and Jason split off back for headquarters and found the highway ROW to be quickest to the parking area for a little quick oil change to get rid of the gray matter, the others quickly arrived soon after we arrived.

One of the many powerline ups and downs, lot of respect for the those guys on the big bikes, I was getting tired on my little XR and wouldn't have been worth a damn on a big bike, you know it was the hangover ride after all

Nice of Bob to loan out his XR400 for some tough trail testing Here in action:

Everybody did great

Everybody getting loaded up and headed for home before a great sunset and cooler temps set in:

Was a very successful New Year's Day ride complete with a swampping, good chili, and great pals Perfect time at Gruber, was a good first visit

Now you should all go and watch McGruber and Brain's new little doggy friend needs that namesake