View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 05:21 PM   #46
lastplace
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adv Grifter View Post
It could take a generation to establish a viable US "team" of riders ... if we started now.
We started in 2004. Lotsa progress already.

fun fun
Charlie

Edit: I attended the previous incarnation of Jimmy's rally training in 2003, in preparation for the 2004 Dakar. The things I learned were very valuable. We started helping riders of all levels with bikes, parts and logistics in 2004. Since Jimmy's training was unavailable from 2004 to 2011, we set up our own Rally School, which was structured differently, but owed a lot to Jimmy's original concepts. We helped dozens of riders learn about rallying, and quite a few raced in the Dakar and other international rallies. With 2 little kids now and no time to get away and do these schools, I've decided to stop our Rally School. I believe that Jimmy is considering something a bit different than our Rally School, but I strongly urge anyone considering a rally race to attend. I think that the perfect American rally racer will be an experienced desert racer who is also a rabid adventure rider, and who takes the time to learn and practice the completely different game of rallying.

lastplace screwed with this post 01-03-2012 at 06:44 AM
lastplace is offline   Reply With Quote