This is my Feature Request
list "open items" for the Montana. If you like/want any of these and haven't expressed it to the Montana Team
please do so. If you have others...?
Feature & Description
- Four Corner - Transparent Data Fields. Please provide an additional Dashboard option for Small (1/3 smaller than the current "Small") Transparent-background, Configurable Data fields in the four corners of the Map screen similar to the zumo 660's More Map View or the GPSMAP 478.
- Track Manager - Options. Provide a Setting tab option on the main Track Manager screen to: "Show All Tracks on Map", "Hide All Tracks on Map", "Delete All Tracks".
- Waypoint Categories. Support Waypoint Categories
- Waypoint Contact Info. Support Waypoint Contact Info Fields (Street Address, City, State, ZIP, Country, Phone #'s)
- Display - Screen Capture. Save Screen Capture setting in Profile
- Where To? Search - Along Active Route. When navigating; Option to search "Along Active Route"
- Power Management - Option. Keep unit on when External Power is lost as a Profile setting.
- Multiple Trip Odometers. Multiple Independently resettable Trip Odometers
- TracBack - Shortcut. One touch shortcut for TracBack
- Camera Settings. Provide Camera settings (Resolution and Storage Location) as part of the Profile data.
- Save Current Track Shortcut option. Provide a Shortcut Setting for Track - Save Current Track. Allow this setting to be combined with Clear Current Track as part of a "Save and Clear" Shortcut.
- Track - "Show on Map". Please save the Track "Show on Map" selection in the GPX data so that when a Track is shared with other GPS it will show on the Map as defined in the GPX data - just like Color selection is saved.
- Shortcut "Setup" - Indicate Option(s). Indicate the Setup Options applied to a Shortcut using # and Alfa combo for each option selected.
- Resettable Odometer. A Shortcut / Reset option to reset the Odometer without having to preform a Master Reset. (dacrazyrn)
- Data field for voltage from Mount.
- Display setting to allow Topo data to be hidden, showing Major and/or Minor topo lines at greater than specified zoom level.
- Track Manager/Route Planner - please add the ability to "sort by Alphanumeric" to these data lists too. (Waypoint sort added in v4.20)
- Security Lock: "PIN" code and location support.
- Route Edit - Make all Routes on the Montana Editable whether created on or transferred to the Montana editable.
- Zoom Levels: Add a setting to Settings -> MAP -> Advanced Setup -> Zoom Levels, for Custom POI's. This would separate Zoom levels for User Waypoints and Custom POI's.
By the way, I have a spreadsheet where I track these and what version they were provided in (if any).