01-02-2012, 05:41 PM
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Manufacturing Engineering Tech Needed - Santa Clarita, CA
This job is located in Valencia, CA (Santa Clarita)
|Plant Engineering Technician|
Assists in design, build or procurement of new or improved machines, tools, fixtures and material handling equipment and coordinating the implementation.
- Responsible for completing process documentation, bill of materials, route sheets, etc.
- Reviews project instructions and blueprints to ascertain test specifications, procedures, objectives, test equipment, nature of technical problem, and possible solutions.
- Devises, fabricates, and assembles new or modified mechanical components or assemblies for products such as industrial equipment and machinery, power equipment machine tools, service systems, and measuring instruments.
- Sets up and conducts tests of units and components under operational conditions to investigate design proposals for improving equipment performance, or to obtain data for development, standardization, and quality control.
- Analyzes test results related to the design and test objectives, and modifies or adjusts equipment to meet specifications.
- Records these test procedures and results, numerical and graphical data, and recommendations for changes in product or test method.
- Assists in the development of plant layouts, manufacturing methods and process improvements.
- Coordinates and supervises maintenance projects.
- Provides and develops documentation to maintain equipment.
- High school degree required
- Two plus years technical experience in a manufacturing environment
- Associates degree or technical certificate
- Experience with process and bill of materials (BOM) documentation
- Entry Level
- High School Diploma/GED
- Valencia, CA