View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 05:15 PM   #683
Box'a'bits OP
In need of repair

Oddometer: 2,152
Ride into the Mangtooks

Got a call from Andy Mac saying want to ride into the Mangatooks. Be ready at 3.30pm. Unfortunately I was in the middle of fixing a leaky pipe at the back of the section. The patch I put on it didn't hold, but I wasn't missing out, so left the water toby off, told Mandy to turn it on if she needed water, & abandoned the project for the day.

Met MarkS above Paraparumu, & rode into the unknown (well actually very well mapped, - but I didn't know where I was). Was VERY pleased with how the bike performed in there. Best at rocky hill climbs, where you can apply the power.

I took no pictures while we were in the bush/ forestry section. I did remember once we headed to Andy's lookout above Mana. Apparently we weren't supposed to be there, but no one complained.

However Andy also took some photos. Cheers Andy

I thought we were on the way out, but ended up at the Orange Hutt just as the light started to fade. I was pretty pleased to have the big light on as we headed back out to the carpark, but didn't see a branch sticking straight out at me from the side of the track, and took that in my arm, point first. Reasonable bruise there to come out.

Made it out & back to Mana after 10.00pm. Sorry I didn't stop Andy. I decided Mandy might be grumpy (she was), & I'd better get my arse back home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTC View Post
If we get in early enuff we could come round for coffee?
Yup. Sounds good. Maybe see you then.

It's just better when there's twins involved....

Box'a'bits screwed with this post 01-04-2012 at 02:38 PM
Box'a'bits is offline   Reply With Quote