View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 08:29 PM   #34
Solaros1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,236
I really wish you guys would stop posting these pictures of Metrallas.... in my opinion one of the prettiest motorcycles ever made and I deeply regret not buying one years ago when I had the chance.

A friend of mine at work had a small collection of Bultacos and after he suffered a stroke and a year or two went by it was obvious he was never going to be able to ride again.He had an early Matador, an Alpina, two Lobitos and the most gorgeous Metralla withe the road racing kit. Unfortunately he wanted to sell all five bikes at once - I just wanted the Metralla but I went over to his house to check out the bikes. Two of the dirt bikes were in his carport and the other two were in the shed out back - I was looking for the Metralla and couldn't see it so I asked Bob where it was. - He led me inside to his den where it was up on a stand with small spotlights aimed at it - it sat where he could gaze at it from his recliner. It was beautiful and I just could not persuade him to sell it separately ( I think he was using the package deal as an excuse to his wife so he could keep it in his den).

Any way I went with one of the other Spanish alternatives - an Ossa Wildfire - 185 lbs of pure magical fun.

Solaros1 is offline   Reply With Quote