View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 10:34 AM   #39
Solaros1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcf View Post
Wow - sure is different than I was expecting all blown up !
Thought it might have been an Outlaw but not that.

I just saw a piece on that car a little while ago in Pano or Excellence ?
Can't remember where but I know I saw it.

Quite a history of toys - love the Corsa.

Get a Metralla - you won't regret it ( to put this back on topic )
It's the original Outlaw Porsche...

There were articles in both Panorama and Excellence last summer after its appearance at the Amelia Island Concours. I think Classic Motorsports is going to do an article on it as well.

The Corsa was fun - by the time I got through tweaking the turbocharged engine it was putting out something north of 250 HP - enough to light up the E60 x 14 tires going into third gear and strong enough to push the car to 132 mph (timed between mile markers on I-75). It was the victim of a teenager who blew through a stop sign and T-boned it in the drivers door - no injuries but a bent Corvair.

I actually owned my Wildfire twice - sold it and bought it back about ten years later. It was the OSSA equivalent of the Metralla but not quite as pretty. I always wanted to replace the standard 230cc 4-speed (around 26 HP) with a 250cc 5-speed OSSA Phantom engine (42 HP with an extra gear). Since I had already collected a warning ticket in Chambers County Alabama for doing 112 mph in a 55 zone on the Wildfire with the stock engine I sort of thought having that much more engine would not be conducive to being able to stay out of jail (although I bet I could have gotten it over 125 with the right gearing).

My wife does not want me to take any more projects on right now although I'm trying to resist a vintage Husky WR250 that's for sale near me right now for $1300 - having watched "On Any Sunday" again last week isn't helping any.....

But these are so pretty.... one of the best looking fuel tanks ever designed
Attached Images

Solaros1 is offline   Reply With Quote