View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 07:14 PM   #47
'05Train
Mind is not for rent

Oddometer: 911
Fact of the matter is that there are some people who will never be happy unless everyone is wearing what they're wearing. The "he can't be a man 'cause he doesn't smoke the same cigarettes as me" syndrome. I don't have time for those people, as they are (by and large) miserable bastards who have a vested interest in making everyone as miserable as them.

I have a very custom '05 Night Train (my namesake) and a brandy-new '11 R1200RT. Guess what? Sometimes I'll ride each of them with the same gear. Sometimes I won't. Sometimes I'll go out of my way to fuck with people and wear my leather Brando jacket on the BMW, and my Rallye 3 on the 'Train. My bikes, my gear, my ass, and my choice. I logged 30,000 miles on my bikes last year, think I'm a poseur? Think again.

That's one thing that the pirates and the ATGATT crowd can agree on; the need to bitch when they see another rider out of uniform.

One other thing too. Having just lived through a 35mph crash, I can say categorically that the armor in my FXRG jacket saved my back, shoulders, and elbows. The lack of armor in my pants is the reason my kneecap shattered.