View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 06:39 PM   #51
Adv Grifter
on the road o'dreams

Oddometer: 6,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adv Grifter View Post
Hey Sean,
Once you cross that border you will be fine ... nice and warm and a pace much more to your liking. Do be careful on some of the narrow Baja roads and crazy truck drivers. Watch your mirrors. But I'm sure you know all this by now. Great little bike, I love it.
Safe riding y Suerte!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaVsTheWorld View Post
Overall things are going well, but there is no point in sugar coating it either, I have been on travelling for 4 months now and being on your own and travelling can get you down a little. But also it could be that havent been on the road for a while and need to hit the road again!!!

Im in Vencie Beach CA, and will make a move to San Diego and then on to Mexcio very soon.
hey Sean, see my earlier post quoted above. Narrow Baja roads ... I've seen a few cyclist's run into the ditch ... sometimes there is no ditch!

Baja is very quiet now. I was just there last month. Not many tourists to speak of. No danger from the Narcos, military or Police there.

Sounds like Venice Beach agrees with you. My old stomping grounds from the 60's/70's. I know well the "Travel Blues", having been on the road in my youth off/on for seven years ... most of the time in Latin America.

You can go two ways down there ... 1. hit every GringoTenango along the Gringo trail and hang out mostly with other tourists (Euros, Brits, Yanks, Kiwi's Aussies, et al) ... or 2. go native, learn the language and go to work. Staying busy really helps cure the blues. Plenty of opportunities.

I started an import business. Payed the bills, kept me on the road.

Good luck with the bike .... Ride Safe!

(PS: UpDates? Web Site vs. ADV Rider: You have 5500 views to this thread and 51 posts. How does you web site compare?)
Adv Grifter is offline   Reply With Quote