View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012, 07:31 AM   #20
GotMojo?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
LOL, the Husky 630 and KTM 690 are not race bikes dude, you might want to do a little research. I HAD a SM'd DRZ 400E and while it was an OK bike, it can't come close to the fun that the 690 is. Almost the same weight and almost twice the power. The WR has even less power then the DRZ AND the same weight. I reckon the buying public kinda agree with my opinion seeings how nobody was buying them and they discontinued them.
LOL, how much power do I need on the street to still have fun? So, I can get up to 60mph a second or two quicker on the bigger bikes, big deal. Not everybody craves lots of horsepower, otherwise we'd all be on 1000cc sport bikes. If you like the bigger SM bikes, that's fine, but don't bag on the smaller bikes.

And I can pretty much bet that more WR250X's and DRZ400's sold than the Husky and KTM's equivalents.... but companies like Yamaha and Suzuki sell way more sport bikes and cruisers, so that's what they focus on.... Husky and KTM have a different philosophy and fill these smaller niches.

Oh, and the dual sport equivalents of the WR250X and DRZ400SM sell very well.... its just the supermoto version that didn't.... more evidence that it's really the supermoto niche that's not really taking off here in the US like it has overseas, and not the bikes themselves. The WR250R and DRZ400S dual sport bikes have a cult following for dual sport and adventure riders, to the bikes themselves are very popular.

GotMojo? screwed with this post 01-07-2012 at 07:37 AM
GotMojo? is offline   Reply With Quote