View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 06:03 PM   #6
rjudge OP
Texan from near Muskogee

Oddometer: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogAdventures.com View Post
As Charlie knows----i rode the complete TART not that long ago---and never saw a sign about no motorized vehicles. I'm sure Charlie wouldn't route you thru something like that----I'm thinkin' you might have been off route.

I'm always carefully watching for stuff like that.

I did run into a couple gates closed for hunters---but never saw a no motorized vehicle sign ?????

BigDog
Wassup BigDog,

The first gate was at the red X (I added X's to the map above). It was half open. I was using an early version of the route that went along the mountainside starting there heading west. Instead, I continued on on NF-179, across the river. Then I missed the entrance to the road along the Saline River(CR-58?). I continued along CR-57 and found another fully open gate with the same sign at the green X at the other end of the river road when I tried to backtrack onto it. I had to basically look for the sign to see it from the road. Not obvious at all. I though about taking a pic and emailing it to the Ranger and asking. There was a number to call on the sign for questions. I really should have taken a pic...

Did you ride the road along the river or the one further south along the side of the mountain? Were they much more difficult than the section south and northeast of my red X on NF-179? The parts of the roads I missed that I could see looked less traveled and possibly more muddy. I was a little worried about deep mud since I was sans knobbies.

That area looks like a fella could spend a few hours just making loops and have a good time exploring.

Thanks!

Rick