View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 04:59 AM   #45
OoPEZoO
Dirtball Extraordinaire

Oddometer: 260
Add mine to the list. '06 1200GS with around 26k miles on it. I pulled the side panel last night and right away saw at least 3-4 big cracks in the flange. I don't know if had been leaking, but I had a few strong wiffs of raw fuel the last couple of times I was out on the bike. I won't be riding it until I can come up with a solution. Camera was dead, so I'll get pics tonight when I get home. Disappointed to say the least.

I'll be filing it with the NHTSA asap. For you guys that have the issue.....PLEASE file a report, it can actually make a difference. I had an issue with the fuel tank on my '08 Jeep Wrangler, where fuel would gush back out of filler neck when the gas pump would shut off. It was a well known issue on the internet forums, but Chrysler wouldn't do anything about it besides replacing the tank on the owners dime ($700 in parts + labor). Eventually, the NHSTA put pressure on them to replace the fuel tanks free of charge and include a lifetime warranty against it happening again.

My Pics. Looks like 5-6 cracks at least

OoPEZoO screwed with this post 01-09-2012 at 03:00 PM
OoPEZoO is offline   Reply With Quote