View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 12:06 PM   #13
gearheart OP
Bombrun Lackey

Oddometer: 378
I am glad to hear you guys are in, we are looking forward to seeing everybody. And congrats there Grandpa!

As far as the rides go, the original Bombrun follows the historic Bradshaw Trail which was the first overland stage route between Riverside and the goldfields of Southern Arizona. It is an easy 160 mile, out and back with a gas stop at the far end. It has plenty of sandy wash to keep the guys on big bikes awake and sweating but not too much challenge for conventional dirt bike based dual sports though... The real challenge is not letting the terrain draw you into progressively speeding up and then getting slammed in a decreasing radius rocky/sandy blind turn at speed. Many panic skids are left on the road heading into the corner berms!

There are some other shorter rides in the area with some extra credit but this really isn't a hard-core challenge weekend. Although the Freeway Loop has some good stuff to get your attention...

One of my favorite pics, thanks ZenSlug

A shot at the top of Chuckawalla Mountain

And what is a riding trip without some benchracing around the smudgy?

We need a guide for the Friday Freeway Loop... any volunteers?

Last years t-shirts

Got questions? Post em up.

And Scorpian, if you are reading this, I got your shirt I promised you for the artwork. I realized I never got it to you when I ran across it recently. I would be happy to send it with Brent or better yet, show up for the weekend and claim it in person!

Mike
gearheart is offline   Reply With Quote