View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 09:35 PM   #65
traveltoad
Aaron S

Oddometer: 6,565
More photos...

Dead end paved road. The little red dots at the center of each frame are reflectors just a bit under 2/10th of a mile away as measured by my Garmin 276C. Again, all photos were taken with a Canon Powershot G12.

All photos taken at 4sec f/7.1 ISO 500

First up, just to set some sort of haphazard standard, my truck low beam head lights. 2 x 55w:

Next the truck high beams. With the high beams the white fence the reflectors are mounted on becomes visable. 2 x 55w and 2 x 60w:

Yeah yeah, my trucked is aimed a bit the the left. For the moto lights I held them in front of the truck light which is about the same height as a dual sport. I did my best to aim each beam at the reflectors.

As before, the TT lights are first and as last time I let each beam "warm up".

TT 2" spot HID. Again the fence is visable.

TT 4" flood HID. The fence has faded a bit but this is a good broad beam pattern IMO.

Again the Canon G12 is picking up the very slight blue-ish hue in the light and making it more green than in reality. I am sure someone who knows more about HID lights and digital cameras could tell me why and how to fix it... But oh well. The amount of light and the beam pattern is accurate. The light is white to the eye.

Lastly, the Baja Designs Squadron. Speaks for itself.

traveltoad screwed with this post 01-13-2012 at 08:22 PM
traveltoad is offline   Reply With Quote