View Single Post
Old 08-26-2005, 06:17 PM   #11
yater OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,517
So Andy and I grew up together in Louisiana and he considers himself my big brother...so do I. He actually taught me how to ride a dirtbike when we were kids since my parents were against them until later. Andy has a '96 klx650 but has been out of riding for a year or so. I ordered parts from several different vendors and had them shipped to Ojo so we would have extras in case the bike needed a little waking up. After a night of dinner and hot springs, and great sleep, I woke up and began working to get HIS bike going. She just needed some cleaning up, rejetting, a little JB weld, etc and we were good to go. We rode back to his house in Taos that night and would spend the next few days there waiting out the monsoons...and checking out the area.

Andy...somewhere between Ojo Caliente and Taos

Andy and Jen's yard in Taos

I spent the night at the house and headed out in the morning to do a little exploring. I picked a few roads on my atlas and headed toward the mountains. I came around a corner and saw this...

Thinking I had made quite a discovery, I dismounted and snapped a few pictures. As I packed my camera and headed around the corner, I was met by a hundred tourists...it seems I had mistakenly discovered Taos Pueblo, the old indian village and tourist attraction...but I had gotten here by gravel intead of the main entrance...so much for adventure--This is an elevated burial ground.
yater is offline   Reply With Quote