View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 03:58 PM   #4709
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

Oddometer: 5,528
Mobius 8, Sept, 2011: [Edmonton, AB - Tura I'doh - Idaho Falls, ID] index

-- Click on the underlined links to go to:
Mobius 8, Sept, 2011: [Edmonton, AB - Tura I'doh - Idaho Falls, ID]
Prelude, and announcement of our M-8 corporate sponsor. Real-time updates from the trail, and from Idaho Falls
A description of the stage, departure from Edmonton with Ron & Dave , camping at Elk River, a gorgeous view of the Rockies.
A quick stop in Jasper and Athabasca Falls, then camping along the Icefields parkway. Hitting the tourist sights on the Parkway; Bow lake, Lake Louise, and Banff.
Finding our way back to dirt, and an awesome campsite at Horseshoe Rapids. The backtrack I, then riding Gray Creek Pass, the radiator I, taking a ferry.
Leaving Nelson, cutting through Washington, to get to the top of the Tura I. Assault on the Wigwams, and the HooDoos. Hitting challenge points,
and spending the night in Wallace. A morning of challenge points, and an afternoon of waiting. I. Leaving Heller Creek camp, past the bicycle hunter, refueling at Powell, enjoying the Lolo, camping with rain. Forest fire reroute to Elk City, spending the night with no gas, I, meeting Mike & Mike! and JD . Bushwhacking to the Magruder Corridor, and camping with JD. More forest fire road closures in MT, I, past Shoup, over Morgan Summit, and camping at Morgan Creek.
Assault on Twin Peaks, the meltdown, I, and recovery. Past Challis, leaving the TID route (thanks, Martin & crew) instead, riding the Custer motorway, and camping at Upper O'Brien. Winding our way on easy dirt to Arco, and camping at Craters of the Moon where we hiked and spelunked before heading to Idaho Falls.
Hanging with Questor and MotoAdventureGal , eating well, doing maintenance and repair, and meeting Tony Huegel before heading home.

"I came into this game for the action, the excitement; go anywhere, travel light... get in, get out... wherever there's trouble, a man alone... Now they got the whole country sectioned off; you can't make a move without a form." --Robert De Niro as Archibald 'Harry' Tuttle in Brazil, 1985. The Mobius Trip index | Spot tracking live 4/18-5/4/13 | AdventureLoft™ Tent Space

DR. Rock screwed with this post 01-14-2012 at 10:37 AM
DR. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote