View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 12:33 AM   #77
Tropic-Of-Canada OP
Thread Derailleur

Oddometer: 838
Jan 15, 2012 Snow standoff

Well, I was at a standoff with the weather today, and I chanced it and headed up to the Oliphant lake trails again. It was a real mixed bag, and though It was sunny to start, wait ten minutes and changes around the next corner!

I'm loving the newest storage options!

It started out nice eough

Then I turn towards shawnigan and run into a wall of snow!!!

What am I getting myself into?

Looking back, the blowing snow reminds me of my time in Prince George.

So I head up the trail where it is safe from cars. Longer ride aborted!

This really is the first blast of winter we have had this year. It was supposed to be La nina but has been real dry and not-winter-like until now!

And like that, it is over! It's just one of those days...

A good test of traction on the shortcut. The TKC 80's are doing pretty good, but some Pirelli 606's would do the trick today! The Conti's are much better in the rain on pavement though, which is much more important for me this time of year.

And now, it's just gorgeous out!, nice bit of slip & slide, nice fresh powder! What's not to like?

Just before coming up here, i did have a small dump. Note to self: wear Shin pads! I landed on a rock and ended up with a huge throbbing swollen bruise below the left knee. It is still making me wince as I type! As
i said, some bigger side lugs would be preferable today!

Oh well, good fun, the pain just reminds me of mountain biking! I'll lower the air pressure a bit next time!

How can one stay home on a day like this?

Tropic-Of-Canada screwed with this post 01-15-2012 at 12:39 AM
Tropic-Of-Canada is offline   Reply With Quote