View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 07:25 AM   #813
Some Dude
what attitude problem???

Oddometer: 4,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrendeep6 View Post
Whew, decision is made then. The rally expert has spoken, oh wait, he's a computer, cubicle-keyboard commando type, never mind.

If Husky is going to provide support again it's a no brainier. If funds provide I'd seek out SpeedBrain for rally parts as their kit for the TE are showing on their site. Finish the development you started. As you said, all the bikes experienced issues. I'm in for support for 2013.
Except the Speedbrain "TE" really means hybrid G450X/TE449 and all of their parts are based on their revised G450X chassis with 2nd generation G450X/TE449 6 speed engine. They re-inforced teh G450X base frame and re-engineered it to accept a linkage suspension to better tune/manipulate leverage ratios for type of event/rider preference. The "TE449R" also utilizes a different rear tank assembly then that of the G450RR of last years Dakar. Otherwise exhaust, skid pan and rally fairing are all G450X based and Bill is on a TE449 framed bike. I think lengthening the swing arm, making a front frame brace/mount for a revised skid pan will allow Bill to have a more stable and crash worthy TE449, but then again Dakar and rally is just fairly hard to plan for all the "what if's"