View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 09:10 AM   #815
BC61 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,114
Alien Motion Batteries

I need to say thanks and give a strong recommendation to Alien Motion Batteries. I had heard good things about the batteries before I approached them for sponsorship. I knew these had been used with great success in road racing but something like the Dakar was new to them. They were happy to jump on board and looking forward to testing/inspecting the battery after the race. I was given a couple batteries to use. I started testing the first battery in the practice bike, it was working so well I carried it over to the race bike. The battery exceeded my expectations not only in cranking capability but also in packaging, terminal connections and weight. The battery is extremely light, has a strong thick plastic casing and solid terminals, nothing flimsy or cheap anywhere.

I more than abused this battery the final day trying to start a dying engine. This battery repeatedly cranked the engine over for long 30-45 second pulls trying to breathe life into it. A stock battery would have given up just after a few of these attempts. I even had the battery cranking the engine as it was firing but not fully starting. I can't count the number of long pulls the battery endured and never showed any signs of being anything less than full strength.

If you are looking for a light weight, durable and strong battery check out Alien Motion Batteries.

www.alienmotion.com

My experience at Dakar 2012 www.bc2dakar.com

BC61 screwed with this post 01-19-2012 at 12:05 PM
BC61 is offline   Reply With Quote