View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 01:38 AM   #2159
opposedcyljunkie
Heavyweight Boxer

Oddometer: 4,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post
Regarding my comment about trying out the -20C setting on the IICE Air; The reason is that more than a few people have said that their new IICE Air works better than their old Booster Plug. Based on that I say give it a try. Spirit of adventure and all that.

After going for a month on the -10 setting, I tried the -20 setting. It didn't seem any different from my BP. But it confirms my earlier observation that at the -10 setting, the bike runs smoother across the rpm range vs the BP or the IICE at the -20 setting. This is on an 07 12GS.

Two immediate advantages I felt from the -20 setting are (a) the off-idle throttle is very slightly less snatchy, possibly owing to the richer mixture the -20 setting provides and; (b) there was the absence of a very slight hesitation during hard acceleration along the 3K rpm range which the -10 setting had. I have gone back to the -10 setting as the latter advantages were too insignificant for me. I get a smoother engine and better fuel economy

My only problem now is the throttle snatchiness, which the IICE Cool should fully-address. It's great to know that I get my best results from the -10 setting, which is the only setting that the IICE Cool can work with. As usual, YMMV.
05 Yamaha Fazer FZS-1000
07 R1200GS