View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 09:30 AM   #2160
Wallowa
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,283
Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by opposedcyljunkie View Post
After going for a month on the -10 setting, I tried the -20 setting. It didn't seem any different from my BP. But it confirms my earlier observation that at the -10 setting, the bike runs smoother across the rpm range vs the BP or the IICE at the -20 setting. This is on an 07 12GS.

Two immediate advantages I felt from the -20 setting are (a) the off-idle throttle is very slightly less snatchy, possibly owing to the richer mixture the -20 setting provides and; (b) there was the absence of a very slight hesitation during hard acceleration along the 3K rpm range which the -10 setting had. I have gone back to the -10 setting as the latter advantages were too insignificant for me. I get a smoother engine and better fuel economy

My only problem now is the throttle snatchiness, which the IICE Cool should fully-address. It's great to know that I get my best results from the -10 setting, which is the only setting that the IICE Cool can work with. As usual, YMMV.
Good review and thanks...could you clarify, your second paragraph, does that "-20 setting" listing of "advantages" include use of the BP? Or does only the IICE give them ["It didn't seem any different from my BP".] ? At -10 you do not have these advantages?

I am reading between the lines, but it sounds like you prefer the -10 because "I get a smoother engine and better fuel economy" for on road riding and less for off road, slow speed, subtle throttle. Could you elaborate. Thanks.

Wallowa screwed with this post 01-20-2012 at 01:21 PM