View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 06:08 PM   #102
JayBo1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackMule View Post
Looking forward to it, Jaybo!

Here's a call from the Safari: http://traffic.libsyn.com/rallyraidio/08OzSaf09.mp3

Ned really laid some fantastic groundwork this year. I hope we can keep it going!
Thanks for that Nate. Just listening to that again really took me back. My first stage of my first ever Rally! Now three years on and I think I still have that same excitement when talking about Rally racing!

It also made me think back to one occasion when I stopped on a big dune in the Desert Challenge a couple of years ago. I had got stuck, but it wasn't a big problem and I knew what I needed to do to get out, but the big thing was it was a relief to have an excuse to stop because I had been busting for a pee for ages. So I had taken my helmet and jacket off (it was about 48DegC!) and walked away a few meters to relieve myself. Next thing my phone beeps as I got a text message. It was my sister saying something along the lines of "I see you're stopped on the tracking system. Hope you're okay and get moving soon." That message was really touching. I replied that I was taking a "nature break" and would be underway again soon. Then used the phone to take a picture of the situation (the bike stuck, not me pee'ing) and then carried on. Moments like that really make the memories stick. I suspect Ned will remember a couple of his Rally Radio calls in a similar vein and I look forward to doing the same at Dakar 2013.
KTM 530 EXC-R (R for Rally, right!!) ... or Retired or Redundant
Cagiva 750 Elefant - Lucky Explorer '88
JayBo1 is offline   Reply With Quote