View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 08:21 PM   #105
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 4,988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondoggle View Post
Gummee! makes a point- this could be a high-water mark. After all- not every rider that we could possibly support would be so excited about making daily calls, etc.

And really- I wouldn't want them to feel obligated to do so. I felt really lucky that Ned checked in- it made the experience better than it's ever been - but that's a lot to ask from someone who's doing the Dakar. When I support someone to run the Dakar, I am supporting their Dakar run- however they want to do it. And I'm cool with that.

I think if we could point any US Dakar rider hopefuls that want to try next year to the the 2012 F5irehose threads and Ned's Thread and Nates RallyRAIDio site then... I bet if they read up and listened they could get pretty fired-up to call in too! Just an idea.

We need to get our own Dakar-educated mechanically-able Adelaide Sans Guyere. An F5reporter cutie-pie just crazy enough to join the the RPA crew, then she could use the charm to get the racers to talk. Alina certainly gets the interviews better than scruffy unshaven F5roughnecks, just sayin'
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote