View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 11:34 AM   #52
Brtp4 OP
Yea, its a friggin L

Oddometer: 1,893
They fit a little smaller than the SG-10, SG-12, Balance models, etc. More similar to the Gaerne G-Adventure boots.

Most Gaerne boots are a little generous. This includes the MX and the trials boots. These fit more like the G-Adventures, which are slightly smaller in the toebox area. When we initially began shipping the G-ADVs, we got returns from many people with other Gaerne boots, that felt they were too small. Since then we randomly 2x check customer orders on their size choices, and returns are now minimal.

It is never a good idea to think of fit in 2 dimensional terms (bigger or smaller) but generally speaking I would say these are about 1/2 - 1/3 size small.

To fit Gaernes, we always suggest you take an average of the EU (NOT USA size) size of 3 - 4 pair of your casual, athletic, or hiking shoes (NOT other moto boots) and cross against this:

8 = 42
9 = 43
10 = 44.5
11 = 46
12 = 47
13 = 48

I suggest you stay at or preferrably under the EU size. Don't egregiously order larger than normal. FWIW I am a 46.5, and wear an 11/46 in SG10s, SG12s, GX1s, and Balance. In these and in the G-ADV I am a 12/47.

As with all motorcycle boots, we recommend staying slightly large on sizing, and adding a performance insole. Insoles make a huge improvement in fit and comfort, and have the net effect of slightly reducing the size.

BP

Atomic Moto.com
Bend, OR

Brtp4 screwed with this post 03-07-2012 at 11:04 AM
Brtp4 is offline   Reply With Quote