Sorry, no "before" pics, and only rumors regarding its past.
The basket case included the rolling frame and painted sheet metal plus a bunch of new & old parts.
Some parts duplicated, some not correct.
This is what I brought home.
Most everything appears to be ok.
I've since torn down the engine and transmission for inspection because I don't know where the previous owner(s) left off.
Nice cross-hatch on the cylinder walls. The bore averaged 2.6755 inches, slightly under spec so perhaps it was re-sleeved?
The piston looked new.
I sent both to Bore-Tech for their carbide bore and piston coating processes.
The assembled head also looks new. Probably I'll remove the valves and inspect seats, faces, spring rates, and valve shaft & guide dimensions to verify all is within spec. Also checking for leaks past the valves by pooling gas in the combustion side and seeing if any gets past the seats.
I removed the transmission cover but am waiting for bearings before I actually pull the gear shafts. No sign of rust.
I removed the crank and found the slinger clean. Dan at Cycleworks inspected the crank which checked good, he replaced the rod bushing.
Dan also lightened the flywheel as shown above.
Richard Sheckler recommend this for better acceleration off the line.
Bore-Tech shaved the cylinder top .040" for me at his recommendation as well.
I've worked a few of the smaller issues: rewired the left switch assembly, corrected both wheel bearing stacks, bought and installed some missing hardware etc.
...but like the bike, this project has been going nowhere fast.
On the + side: yesterday I finally managed to remove the aft cam bearing.
Eventually I'd like to commute on the bike. Work is less than 5 miles away.